Pinchas Landau Born and educated in London, Pinchas Landau has been living in Israel since 1976 and is one of the country's leading independent analysts and commentators on Israeli economic and financial affairs.
Pinchas has been writing and publishing The Landau Report since 1996. This is a newsletter and consultancy service that counts major US, British and European financial institutions among its subscribers. Its unique format examines the trends underlying all the key areas of relevance to people and institutions with investments or business in Israel:
* Regional Developments -- the dynamic geo-politics of the world's most conservative and yet most volatile region
* Domestic Politics – the demographic and social trends that explain the seemingly crazy world of Israeli politics
* Macro-economics – an independent critique of the people and policies behind the economic data, from GDP to house prices, via inflation, the shekel and much more.
* Corporate affairs – analyses key players and firms in the fields of banking and finance, real estate, industry and high-tech.
* Financial markets – what's happening, why, and what lies ahead in the Israeli equity, fixed-income and currency markets.
His original and insightful analyses are available in written reports, as lectures and presentations and via private consultations.
Prior to becoming an independent consultant in 1997, Pinchas Landau was for many years one of Israel's most prominent financial journalist and commentators. He worked for the Jerusalem Post in the 1980s and switched to the Hebrew-language business paper Globes in 1990, in addition to contributing in-depth reporting and opinion pieces to the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, the Economist and numerous other international publications. He has also written books and professional reports on the Israeli economy and on Israeli banking and financial services.
Pinchas is a sought-after speaker with considerable experience both at home and abroad in presenting his ideas on a broad range of topics to a variety of audiences – academic, professional and Jewish organizations. .
List of lectures:
The pros and cons of Armageddon: Can Israel bomb Iran? Will it? Should it?
Strange bedfellows – why the Saudis support Israel, and other surprising features of current Middle Eastern politics.
The history and prospects of the Middle-East Peace Process.
Israeli society and politics:
Israel as a tribal society: a fresh look at Israeli politics, society and economics.
Orthodoxy and ultra-Orthodoxy in Israel: still in a bull market or a bubble about to burst?
Can there be a rational explanation of the Israeli political system?
Israeli economy and finance:
Not by high-tech alone: what makes the Israeli economy tick?
Globalisation – blessing or curse? The Israeli case.
Investing in Israel: Opportunities and risks for American investors in the post-crash environment.
'The same old, the same old': anti-semitism, Jewish emigration and aliyah – the historic pattern and why it's happening again in the 21st century.
The coming wave of aliyah from North America – sources, prospects and implications.
Please contact us for inquiries, fees and terms.